Monday, January 22, 2007

date night groupie style

Our latest date night was a prime example of not knowing when enjoying our mutual day off turns into what is considered a date. Last Monday was a beautiful, snowy day and after Mary made waffles at her place for lunch we headed over to the Arboretum to hike through the snow. There are few things I love more than a walk through the woods while the snow is coming down and covering everything in a white, silencing blanket.

But I don’t think any of that was part of our date night so I will move on. Things kicked off for real when we headed out for dinner at the Brass Ring. Our first impression upon entering was a good one regarding the overall feel of the place. I felt a dorky closeness thanks to their tagline Lord of the Rings reference. The place was empty as we sat down to eat dinner at 7 pm. Our server believed the slow night was thanks to it being Monday and so cold and snowy outside. She said it was usually much busier. Our dinner was good but not great. Mary ordered the Madtown burger and I had the steak sandwich both with fries. Mary said her burger was original which I think is a good thing and my sandwich was okay but a bit bland, even with the mushrooms and onions.

After dinner we played pool while waiting for the main event of the evening. I taught Mary how to play nine ball and then beginners luck kicked in and she proceeded to beat me. I remembered that I don’t really like losing.

Around 10 we went next door to The High Noon Saloon to watch our friends Jonathan and Joel Kramka front the band Mute City. There is something that feels very cool knowing the people in the band no matter how famous they may or may not be. I saw them play once before at the Klinic Bar but this was a much better venue and they have significantly improved as a band. We were both impressed with their sound and energy. The band before them whose name I can no longer remember was also really good.

Overall it was another great night together and a reminder of why I am thankful we have committed to this each week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home