Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Date night goes chill

Ever since last Monday night life has gone into warp speed for both Mary and me. I think we are experiencing our 15 minutes of fame as we have been asked about our engagement and wedding plans numerous times a day. I think we may just start referring friends and family to this blog over the holidays to save time. It has been exhausting but it is a good exhausting and I would not want it any other way.

So this week Mary was excited to have everything planned ahead but she made it clear that it was a night to relax and get away from all the madness for at least a short time. Things started off as we headed over the one of my favorite neighborhood bars, the Harmony Bar and Grill on Atwood. I love this place because it has for its unpretentious feel and inexpensive but good food. It also holds many good memories of enjoying a beer and discussing politics, religion and philosophy with college friends.


Last night the Harmony played host to the Madison Jazz Orchestra playing Christmas tunes and a number of jazz classics. At least that is what they said as I am not much of a jazz connoisseur. The place was comfortably full with both old and young people enjoying the free show. Mary and I enjoyed some bar food and I had a bowl of their chili which is some of the best chili I have had in a long time if you like spicy food.

Then after a couple games of cribbage, we are like an 80 year old couple already, we sat back and enjoyed the music. After the Harmony we headed over to the Holiday Fantasy of Lights over at Olin Park. It was not really that impressive but felt like the right thing to do with it being a week before Christmas and we had mentioned going there a number of times while driving past.

And then we called it a night and for the first time in past week I believe we both got to bed early and had plenty of sleep.

Note: We will be off for the next couple of weeks over Christmas and New Years. Drop us some ideas over the break if you have any. Happy holidays all.

1 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

i just wanted to say that i think you guys are cool. :o)

Fri Dec 29, 09:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home